Being tall is not all about the look. High stature is a decisive criterion in some career routes, like modeling, flight attendance, piloting, or diplomacy. Thus, height will be an edge for children to build their confidence, which is the key to career, love, and life success. As such, parents should take better care of their height growth right from their childhood. Let’s help them design a perfect morning routine to get taller.
Getting up early
According to the traditional Chinese medicine principles, waking up early is beneficial to health. For children, this habit helps them stay energized and happy all day and maintain healthy biological rhythms, which boosts height maximally.
Most early risers tend to be more persistent, excel in teamwork, and become smarter at the workplace, which signals special traits of leaders and successful people. That is why parents should train their children to sleep before 10 p.m. and get up around 6 a.m. Such a good habit not only helps children become more self-disciplined but also benefits their body growth.
Morning stretching exercises
Shoulders and body stretch is a simple exercise but greatly impacts growth, adjusts stature, and reduces risks of injuries. If children curl up all night to sleep, their bodies tend to curve, limbs become contracted and joints get folded. Stretching shoulders and muscles after getting up in the morning can adjust that sleeping posture and warm up all joints that stretch spinal cartilages maximally, and therefore trigger height growth.
Also, you can guide them to practice other stretching exercises to start their day right.
The wake-up stretch
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
- Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, slowly raise your arms overhead, reaching towards the ceiling.
- Stretch your fingers as far as you can, feeling the lengthening of your entire body.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, breathing deeply.
- Exhale as you lower your arms back to your sides.
- Lie face down on a yoga mat with your palms placed near your shoulders.
- Inhale as you press your palms into the mat and lift your upper body, arching your back.
- Keep your hips and legs on the ground.
- Hold the position for 15-30 seconds, breathing deeply.
- Exhale as you lower your upper body back to the mat.
Find a stable horizontal bar or tree branch at a height that allows your feet to hang freely off the ground. Follow these steps:
- Stand facing the bar.
- Reach up and grip the bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Allow your body to hang freely, with your feet off the ground.
- Relax your shoulders and engage your core.
- Hang for 15-20 seconds, gradually increasing the time as you become more comfortable.
Sunbathing to get vitamin D
Morning sunbathing is considered the best way to get natural vitamin D for children to prevent rickets. It plays an important role in the absorption of Calcium and Phosphorus, aids in the calcification that helps cartilage grow, and thus increases height.
However, a baby’s epidermis is five times thinner than an adult’s and completely vulnerable to UV radiation before the age of three. Therefore, babies under 6 months old should not be exposed to sunlight at any time of day. For older ones, the best time to sunbathe is between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
While soaking up the sun can be a delightful pastime, there are times when we should put a pause on sunbathing for our little ones. Peak sun hours, typically between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., can be particularly harsh, increasing the risk of sunburn and skin damage.
Always apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, dress your child in sun-protective clothing, provide shade, and encourage them to wear sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat when appropriate. Additionally, staying well-hydrated is essential when spending time in the sun.
For children in their growing years, morning exercise and sports are part of a healthy lifestyle, building muscles and preventing diseases. Playing sports regularly can help their bodies release endorphins, a hormone that makes them feel fresh and energetic to begin a new day. In addition, this happiness hormone also regulates the functions of the endocrine system, including the pituitary gland and thyroid gland, which are responsible for excreting growth hormones, boosting genetic potential, and activating bone cell development. Moreover, exercising also promotes metabolism, smooths endochondral ossification, and maximizes body development.
Having nutritious breakfast
To grow taller, children need a balanced, nutritious breakfast for physical and mental activities to start a new day. Skipping or having poor breakfast will affect their health badly. A healthy breakfast every day improves metabolism and height growth.
Four necessary nutrient groups
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese are excellent sources of calcium, a mineral vital for bone development. Kids need calcium to build and maintain strong bones, which are the foundation of height. Including dairy in their breakfast can help provide the necessary dose of this bone-building nutrient.
- Protein is the building block of muscles, and growing kids need plenty of it. Eggs, lean meats, and plant-based options, like beans and tofu, can give your child the protein boost they need to support healthy growth.
- Whole grains, such as oats, whole wheat bread, and cereals, are rich in fiber. Fiber aids digestion and ensures that your child's body efficiently absorbs all the growth-boosting nutrients from their breakfast.
- Fruits and vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall health and well-being. Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, helps the body absorb iron, which is essential for growth. Potassium, found in bananas, supports proper muscle function and bone health.
Nutritious breakfast ideas for growing kids
Start your day right by providing your children with a nourishing breakfast that not only tastes great but also promotes their growth and overall well-being. Here are some delectable breakfast ideas that will not only satisfy their taste buds but also ensure they receive essential nutrients to kick-start their day.
Yogurt Parfait Extravaganza: Create a yogurt parfait masterpiece by layering creamy yogurt with an array of freshly picked berries and a generous sprinkle of crunchy granola. This delightful combination not only offers a calcium boost but also packs in ample protein to keep your little ones energized throughout the morning.
Egg-cellent Veggie Omelet: Whip up a fluffy omelet bursting with vibrant, nutrient-rich vegetables. Whether it's bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, or mushrooms, the colorful medley not only adds visual appeal but also provides a wholesome meal brimming with essential vitamins and minerals.
Peanut Butter & Banana Toast Bliss: Transform a humble slice of whole wheat toast into a breakfast masterpiece. Spread creamy peanut butter generously and crown it with luscious banana slices. This delightful combination is not only a protein powerhouse but also rich in potassium, an essential mineral for growing bodies.
Oatmeal Delight with Nuts and Berries: Elevate a classic bowl of oatmeal by preparing it with milk or a dairy-free alternative. Toss in a handful of nutritious nuts and a medley of succulent berries. A drizzle of honey not only sweetens the deal but also adds extra fiber and protein to the mix.
Sensational Smoothie Bowl: Blend a vibrant assortment of your child's favorite fruits with velvety Greek yogurt or a plant-based yogurt alternative. Pour this fruity concoction into a bowl and embellish it with a sprinkling of granola, a handful of nuts, and an assortment of nutrient-packed seeds. This scrumptious and visually appealing breakfast is a treasure trove of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential nutrients that your kids will adore.
It's essential to recognize that nurturing your child's growth, be it through incorporating stretching exercises to promote spine elongation, providing them with a nutrient-rich breakfast, or creating a sleep-conducive environment, entails straightforward yet profoundly impactful practices that can significantly influence their journey towards achieving greater height.
Nevertheless, it is crucial to bear in mind that the keys to success in this endeavor are unwavering consistency and patience. The process of growth is gradual, and immediate results are not to be expected. Encourage your child to approach their morning routine with unwavering enthusiasm, and over time, you will witness their stature increasing, both physically and metaphorically.
Therefore, let each new sunrise serve as a poignant reminder that every morning presents a fresh opportunity for growth and self-improvement. Armed with the right morning routine, your child can set their sights on the stars and unlock their full height potential, standing tall and exuding confidence as they navigate the journey of life. Here's to mornings filled with happiness, health, and soaring aspirations!
- Related post: Drinks that are not good for height growth