Effective: January 1, 2020
This California Privacy Notice applies to Personal Information, as defined below, that is processed by NuBest in the course of our business, including via the NuBest Site, and through our forums, social media accounts, blogs, and other online or offline offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings operated by or on behalf of NuBest, the “Site”).
This California Privacy Notice is not intended to apply to Personal Information we collect about our employees, applicants for employment, or contractors in the employment context.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Examples of Personal Information in this Category
Name, email address, mailing address, shipping address, phone number, username, physical characteristics, birthday, location, images of you
Purchase history, use history (total number of products ordered, the dates you ordered those products), your address, phone number, email
Internet protocol (IP) address, GPS location, longitude/latitude, city, county, zip code and region, and your location and your smart device’s proximity to “beacons,” Bluetooth networks and/or other proximity systems
Internet or other electronic network activity information
IP address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Site, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Site, and other actions taken through use of the Site such as preferences
Financial, medical, or health information
Payment information, such as credit card number
Company name and title for visitors and guests
The sources of the Personal Information we collect above include Personal Information that you directly provide to us (for example, on our Site, or by telephone), Personal Information we receive from third party partners (for example, our payment partners if you pay your purchase using a third-party service, or certain marketing, research or survey partners), and Personal Information that we generate internally (for example, we may generate identifiers internally that we associate with you).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
California residents have the right to opt out of our disclosures of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for valuable consideration (which may be considered “sales” under California law even if no money is exchanged). What is covered as a “sale” under California law is not yet clear, but we currently do not “sell” your information as we understand it. However, NuBest respects and understands that you may still want to ensure your personal information is not sold. Therefore, if you would still like to proceed with a “do not sell my personal information” request, we ask that you to contact us here.
As a resident of California, you have certain rights, such as:
- Right to access Personal Information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic Personal Information in a readily-usable format.
- Right to know. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the categories of Personal Information we collected, the sources from which we collected Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected and shared Personal Information, and the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or as required to comply with applicable law.
- Right to opt-out of certain sharing with third parties. You may be entitled to direct us to stop disclosing your Personal Information to third parties.
- You may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the different options presented on our CCPA compliance page to exercise your rights using the forms.
California law requires us to verify the requests we receive from you when you exercise certain of the rights listed above. We (or third parties we engage to assist us) may ask you to provide certain information to us in order for us to verify the request.
In addition to these rights, pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who share personal information with us have the right to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you would like to exercise this right, please use the contact information listed in this section to contact us.